Gran Turismo 5 'Spec 2.0' update detailed, dated
Polyphony's racing sim is about to see significant improvements
Sony's announced that the Gran Turismo Spec 2.0 patch will be with fans on October the 11th.
Not only that but the publisher has released some new screenshots to boot and, better yet, series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has taken to Twitter to tell racers exactly what to expect in the update as well as outlining the studio's plans for future DLC.
Polyphony's preparing a racing car pack, a track pack and a racing gear pack, which will include suits and helmets.
Here's the full list of improvements you can expect in the Spec 2.0 Update:
• Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
• User control of the weather change feature.
• Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings.
• Spec 2.0 opening movie.
• Improved UI usability and response.
• Replay rewind and fast forward.
• Ability to save during a race
• Online Lounge Expansion (Ability to narrow down car types via search, shuffle races).
• Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.).
• Expanded Photo travel features. You can now take photo's of cars together with your avatar.
• Added a "NASCAR Pit Scene" stage to Photo Travel
• Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport.
• Improved physics and AI.
• Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.