Series Link and Recording time offset features found in PlayTV !
Poorly documented features found that make PlayTV even better !
PlayTV is great, its a cheap way to watched TV scaled up to 1080p and record programs assuming you own a PS3
But two things have always bothered me and until now I never knew that the features existed IN PlayTV to fix them, the problems are:
1) That programs on some channels always start later than advertised and so finish later and my recordings cut the end of programs off
2) The other is that I have to manually set recordings every week for TV series I watch
But today I discovered that, series link and recording time offset do exist in PlayTV and here's how to get to them:
* This guide assumes you have already selected the programs you wish to record via the guide BUT you do also have access to these options when you set a recording via the guide*
1) Go to 'Schedule'
2) Select a recording you wish to series link or alter the start / end time of
3) Select edit recording
4) To adjust the start / end time alter the 'Start Recording' and 'Finish Recording' Options
To set up a series link alter the repeat option
Note: This isn't as comprehensive a series link as on other devices.
It will simply record during the same time every day or week.
So if the time the program airs changes it will not adjust its recording time automatically and you will miss the show
By Aaron Kalair