Everything you need to know from the Tokyo Games Show 2012
New PS3, PS+ Updates, New Vitas
Sony announced a bunch of things at The Tokyo Games show this year here's everything you need to know:
There's a new PS3 that weighs 50% less and is 25% slimmer
- Prices, release dates and models vary by region:
Europe and PAL Territories
PS+ Is coming to the Vita in November
- It's identical to PS+ for the PS3 but on the Vita
- Existing Plus users get it for free
Red and Blue PS Vitas are coming to Japan
- Japan only at the moment no word of a world wide release
Playstation Mobile will launch in October
- PlayStation Mobile will launch in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Italy, Spain, Germany and France to start, with more to follow.
- 30 games will be available at launch
The PlayStation Mobile Developer Program will launch in November
- Allows developers to create their own games to distribute on the PlayStation Store for PlayStation Certified devices as well as Vita.
- The Developer Program will roll out in 11 countries and will be available for $99 per year.
Fujitsu and Sharp will join PlayStation Certified
- Massively increasing the number of compatible devices
Gaikai services are "speedily" being developed and will be available soon
- The first we've heard from Sony about it's plans for Gaikai
Cross Buy support coming for Japan
- Get Hot Shots Golf will cost 2,000 yen on PS3 or Vita if you have the other version
- Not free like PS All Stars will be in the UK
A comic reader app is coming to the Vita
- Coming mid October
- Comics only no novels
A Bunch of new Vita games aimed at the Japanese market are coming
- Valhalla Knights 3 announced for next year
- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Shojotachi no Shomei out in February.
- Oboromuramasa on March 28th
- Toukiden, sometime next year
- Gundam Breaker (coming to PS3 also)
There's a new Puppet Trailer !
- Not coming until 2013 in Japan, in the mean time watch this new trailer